Skip to content
Required Certifications/ Obligations:
- Stong College: Foundation Peer-leadership Training (FPLT)
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Ensure that 2NA is using a proactive approach to inclusivity within the nursing cohort.
- Raise awareness of pertinent social justice issues to the nursing cohort via the bi-weekly newsletter.
- Collaborate and assist the Marketing Director, Social Director, and Associate Social Director with social media strategy.
- Inform 2NA executive team of specific (present and historical) events and/or significant dates, as well as any social justice issues related to nursing.
- Develop workshops and events that effectively promote diversity.
- Collaborate with other student-led, nursing, and grassroots organizations.
- Liaise with York University organizations such as the Harriet Tubman Institute of York University.
- Provide support and resources to diverse students within the second-entry cohort.
- Advocate for cultural diversity within the 2NA team. Ensure executive members embrace and understand differing perspectives.
- Familiarized with York University Policies & Procedures and York University Resources/Guides regarding diversity, inclusivity, accessibility, and accommodations.
- Possess voting rights.
- An individual from an underrepresented group such as BIPOC/LGBTQQIP2SAA, neurodivergent and/or students with a disability are preferred for this role.