Student Outreach Director
Required Certifications and Obligations:
- Stong College: Foundation Peer-leadership Training (FPLT)
- York University Student Nurse Mentorship Training (YUSNMP-Training)
- York Orientation Training (Date: TBD)
- York Orientation Day (Sept 4th – 2018)
- Safe Talk (3hr training)
Recommended: Assist Training
The roles and responsibilities:
- Establish liaison with the YU Start program to onboard first year students during summer of admission.
- Provide support to prospective second-entry nursing students.
- Attendance at bi-weekly 2NA Board meetings
- Promote engagement by collaborating with Social Director for new student specific events.
- Promotion of events or opportunities on or off campus pertinent to the interest of second-entry nursing students.
- Management of Email blasts.
- Social Media Strategy; monitor social accounts. Lead collaboration with Academic directors, Cohort representatives, and Social directors to ensure advertisement of club events and initiatives.
- Support Clubs week, Frost Event, clubs tabling, and program information sessions.
- Consult with UPD for other opportunities.
- Liaison with other clubs for purposes of collaboration, including but not limited to:
- Stong College Student Government (SCSG) Executive including but not limited to Commuter Representative.
The following summer, fall, and winter terms.