Lead Cohort Representative (LCR)
Required Certifications and Obligations:
- Stong College: Foundation Peer-leadership Training (FPLT) (Summer 2018)
- York Orientation Day Training
- York Orientation Day (Sept 4th – 2018)
- Safe Talk (3hr training)
- Recommended: Assist Training
Roles and responsibilities:
- Formation of an Ad Hoc Events committee, address any outstanding issues in collaboration with NSAY and SoN related to cohort.
- Provision of mentorship to Junior Academic Coordinator.
- Attendance at monthly 2NA Board meetings.
- Attendance at NSAY Board meetings and notify 2NA Board of meeting times
- Establishment of a liaison with UPD.
- Scheduling of, and attendance at, monthly meetings with UPD and Associate Cohort Representative.
- Provide assistance to the Student Outreach Director with social media strategy.
- Establish liaison with professors to discuss student concerns in collaboration with the Academic Director.
- Advocacy for cohort needs, escalating as appropriate in consultation with the executive 2NA board and Undergraduate Program Director & School of Nursing.
Middle of Winter Term of their First Year
From the following Summer, Fall, and Winter term.