Required Certifications/ Obligations:
- Stong College: Foundation Peer-leadership Training (FPLT)(Summer 2018)
- York University Student Nurse Mentorship Training (YUSNMP-Training)(Summer 2018)
- York Orientation Training (Date: TBD)
- York Orientation Day (Sept 4th – 2018)
- Safe Talk (3hr training)
- Recommended: Assist Training
The roles and responsibilities:
- Formation of Ad Hoc Academic Committee as needed
- Advocacy for peers (academic concerns) in collaboration with cohort representatives concerning:
- Incongruence between course goals and syllabus
- Academic workload and deadlines.
- Appeal and reprisal support*
- Provision of mentorship and leadership leadership to Associate Academic Coordinator.
- Liaise with NSAY-YUSNMP, if possible and applicable
- Provision of academic-focused events, and skills as needed, for second year, 2nd-Entry nursing students
- Attendance at the bi-weekly 2NA Board meetings
- Provision of social media support for outreach director, including, but not limited to, Facebook and Instagram.
*YFS provides this education and support as required.
Middle of Winter Term of their First Year
Summer of their first year for a full year